Monday, June 13, 2011

Oh I wish I were an Oscar Mayer...

It's really not funny, and I know it.  It's never funny when people are in trouble.  It's never funny when people do disgusting things.  It's never funny when people need help, therapy, counseling.  It's never funny when someone's actions hurt the people they love.  Never.

So..I KNOW it's not funny....and I do take it seriously.  Having said ALL that...I cannot for the life of me stop humming "Oh I wish were an Oscar Mayer Weiner" when I watch the news.  And, well.. I just may snicker a tad. Still. And then I rebuke myself, feel guilty, tell myself it's not funny....and yet I still can't quite stop the giggles.  The kind of giggles that you get in church.  But hey, I am done with out right boisterous laughter.

It's going to take focus to stop singing that song, and not snort (just a little) everytime we break out the hotdogs to grill this summer.  I know....it's NOT funny. 

And that's all I have to say about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here's your chance to speak...so fire away!